February 12, 2013

Biggest Loser Linkup February 12

TheJavaMama

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry this is late, but I was on vacation last week so I wasn't able to post and getting back and trying to get caught up put me a little behind. I had a great weigh-in last week and reached a huge milestone - 50lbs!  I was so excited!!

We left for our cruise and I was able to workout every day; this helped because I ate badly pretty much every day.  Or should I say that I ate without worrying?  Yah, let's go with that!  Which brings me to my weigh-in...and although I hate ANY gain, I was actually really happy with this one because I was a little scared it would be more.  I've actually gone on vacations and gained almost 10lbs!

Weekly weigh-in:  +3.1
Total on the challenge:  -1.1 lost
Total on my journey:  47 lbs lost

I was back on plan as soon as we got home and it actually feels so good to be back into my regular routine.  In the past, any time I went on vacation, I would come back and just continue to make bad choices.  Vacation usually ended my healthy plan and I'd go back to eating badly and of course feeling horrible about it every day.

But that was the old me and it took a few vacations in the past year to realize that I am able to enjoy myself but that it's important to start right back on plan to keep my momentum going.  The first time I was able to do that, I felt such a feeling of accomplishment.  It's truly an empowering feeling to be in charge of my healthy life.

I hope everyone had a great week - although I gained, I feel pretty successful!  Now, I'm just hoping it doesn't take me twice as long to take it off, haha!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting back on the plan so quickly! It can be super hard to do that after a vacation, but it sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went on a cruise and only gained 3 pounds! That is awesome! Next week will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather!! I know, I was shocked, lol! But looking back, sweating on the treadmill in the middle of the ocean was worth it ;) I DO hope my next weigh in is a good one - stay tuned!!

      Delete
  3. Way to get back on track. You're doing great! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete