August 29, 2013

Back from Vacation!



button

Hello lovelies!!  It's NSV Thursday with Katie and Ashlee - let's celebrate all of our little victories that have absolutely nothing to do with the scale, shall we???

I'm back from vacation and what an amazing vacation it was!

Last year at about this time I was so worried about going on vacation because it was my first vacation with family and I was nervous about keeping my momentum going.  This is my first NSV for the week:  I felt absolutely no worry about going this year.  I am finally in control of so many things and not only did I look forward to it, I stayed in a great mindset the whole time. I ate great food, that I don't normally partake in, I enjoyed it and I hiked my arse off so that I didn't have to feel one ounce of guilt.  We hiked over 20 miles and it was wonderful!  My nephews and my Sister In Law were just as eager to get up those mountains and I even got Hubs to go one day.  The day he went was our hardest hike of the week, heh heh... 


3 pairs of workout shoes and one pair of flip flops!

#gottaplank

Every Night...

He didn't love it as much as I did ;)

Salamander!




My beautiful SIL!
Definitely got some relaxing in, too....

Me & the Hubs!

She's so proud of herself - #dork
My 2nd NSV is that we got home on Saturday night and on Sunday morning I laced up and headed out for a 4.5 mile run.  I'm right back on schedule this week and haven't missed a beat!  Annnnddd, tomorrow is my birthday :)  The OLD me would have used vacation as her first excuse to fall off the wagon and then used this week as her birthday week to splurge and not care.  NEW me knows that there are only so many days in the year that are worth splurging for.  The 4 days leading up to your birthday are not those days.

What were YOUR NSVs this week?  Think hard, I bet you've got a bunch!

Don't forget to check out this week's Healthy Makeover recipe:  Veggie Pasta with Healthy Pesto

Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the picture of you and the hubs on the mountain!! Good for you for having a fit vacation!! Happy early birthday and good for you for getting back on track, because that is so hard to do!! You are doing so great and you are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I missed your birthday! Happy late birthday!! Love all your vacation pics! Thoe are major victories. This is when you know you have actually made the life style change! Great job.

    ReplyDelete