December 26, 2013

Non Scale Victories - 2013 Recap

button

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I participated in NSV Thursday with KTJ so I thought today, the last Thursday in 2013!, would be a great day to celebrate some Non-Scale Victories.

I absolutely love the Holiday season; I truly do.  The spirit of the season, how everyone seems to be just a little bit nicer to each other, the food!  Oh, the glorious food...

And did I EVER enjoy the food this year...in all honesty, I sort of gave myself a free-for-all.  I told myself that I would enjoy it and not stress...I can't promise that I didn't stress a little, but it wasn't so stressful that I didn't stop myself from reaching for yet another sugar cookie.

The thing is that I tried really hard to bust my ass in the workout category to counter-balance SOME of what I was doing.  And I know that you can't outrun a bad diet, but I honestly don't feel like I completely fell off the wagon because I made my workouts a priority.  Still, I'm not going to get on the scale to see how much damage I did...I think doing that would probably do terrible mental damage to myself...and how healthy is that?  Not. Healthy. At. All.  So I'm forgiving myself and I'm moving on.  And isn't that the most healthy thing I could do?

See, I'm learning - ever so slowly - that it's okay to live a "normal" life, as long as I just keep going in the right direction.  And by "normal" I mean a life that doesn't involve the stress of worrying about every little thing I put in my mouth or about how many calories I burn in a workout.  That's not normal!



I'm still a work in progress but I'm learning, every day.


And I definitely had a few moments when I was feeling pretty yucky and mad at myself this past month, but I turned things around with a little shopping trip.  And I don't mean retail therapy - well, actually I guess it was - what I mean is that I tried on clothes last weekend and I was still able to wear the same size and even a few smaller sizes.  SO, while I felt fluffy and flubbery on the inside, apparently I'm still okay on the outside!  Phew!

My last NSV for 2013 has to be a little progress pic.  What better way to really see how far I've come?

I remember feeling really great about how I looked on our cruise in February, and I still feel great about it...but then I look at pictures of me just 10 months later and I honestly feel amazing at how far I have come this year.  I'm still a little leery of sharing these kinds of photos but this blog has been such an amazing journal of my healthy journey that I'm doing this for me.  I needed to see this comparison and I need to be able to look back on it when I'm feeling like poop.





As I say goodbye to 2013 and welcome 2014 with open arms, I have big, lofty, high hopes for myself this year.  Nothing out of reach, only to continue living the life I have always wanted for myself.  


Happy New Year to all of you, my friends, and I hope 2014 brings you love, health and as always: happiness!


Jenn









No comments:

Post a Comment